Floorball New Zealand has entered a Men’s team into the 2020 World Floorball Championship Qualification for the Asia Oceania Region. The team will compete in January 2020 in Bangkok, Thailand. Pavol Nekl has been appointed as the head coachof the team.
Floorball NZ will be running monthly open Men’s development trainings in the first half of 2019. The following is a schedule for events, further details for the dates below will be emailed closer to the time.
- 8th to 10th February, Open Development weekend, Wellington
- 16th March, Open evening session Christchurch
- 12th to 14th April, Open Development weekend Wellington
- 17th to 19th May, Open Development weekend Wellington
- 28th to 30th June, Open Development weekend Wellington
More information can be found in the attached pack
About the February Weekend
The first Developemnt Weekend will be held at the ASB Centre, Kilbirnie, Wellington. The training weekend is open to any New Zealand Men’s players (age 15+ and NZ citizen) looking to improve their floorball skills, especially those who are interested in trialing for the Men’s National Team later this year. This weekend will focus on floorball fundamentals such as basic passing, movement and shooting. Each participant will be provided with specific feedback on areas for further development including fitness goals
The times for the weekend will be as follows.
- Friday 8 Feb: 7pm - 9pm
- Saturday 9 Feb: 10am – 12pm & 1pm – 4pm
- Sunday 10 Feb: 10am – 12pm & 1pm – 4pm
Costs for the weekend are $30 which can be paid into the Floorball NZ Kiwibank Account: 38-9018-0178844-00. Please use your name and MENS FEB as reference Account.